My name is Frieda and I am hearing impaired. Here, you will find stories of my life growing up and what it is like for me to be a wife, a mom of two boys, and hearing impaired.

Tuesday, November 1, 2011

I'm Here....

Habits are really hard to break.

Especially for those who are not hard of hearing.

Whenever I call out, "Where are you?

I get, "I'm here."

Where?

Here.

I look in the last place I remember seeing him....not there.

Where's 'here?'

Apparently, I'm the only one that has names for every room in the house:  kitchen, front room, family room, etc.

Hubby was in the family room, didn't know what to call it, and said, "here...."

*sigh*

I guess I need to learn not to call out.  Maybe I need a smaller house.  Or a pager.  Do pagers still exist?  Guess I'll rely on texting and searching the house, inside and out, to find someone...

2 comments:

  1. Try "Which room are you in?" and see what he says. I'm curious. If that doesn't work you can always ask "What's next to you?" ;)
    --Lars

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll have to try that. He would probably say "living room" and I wouldn't be sure if he meant the front room or the family room! :D

    ReplyDelete